May 16: Additive Manufacturing at Advanced Engineering & SIM User Forum
On May 16, 2018, the 6th edition of the SIM User Forum will take place in Flanders Expo, Ghent (Belgium). This year, the SIM User Forum coincides with the Advanced Engineering fair, a new exhibition concept based on the creation and production of innovative products. SIM User Forum is an ideal platform for organizations and companies that contribute to the production of innovative products, technologies and electronics.
In addition, a number of mini-conferences will be held on the topics of circular economy, composites and Additive Manufacturing. Flam3D, as curator of the Additive Manufacturing stage, will host sessions on both polymers and metals by leading international speakers:
- Hunor Erdelyi (Siemens Industry Software): ‘Relating AM process conditions to long-term dynamic performance of metallic AM parts’.
- Joachim Antonissen (ArcelorMittal): ‘Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM): state of affairs – past, present and future’.
- Ricardo Tosi (The Manufacturing Technology Centre, MTC):‘Direct Energy Depostion (DED) and Hybrid DED’.
- Giovanni Vleminckx (Materialise): Polymers, title T.B.C.
- Kris Binon (Flam3D): ‘The Additive Manufacturing Value Chain and Further Research Needs’.
Don’t miss the opportunity to discover new innovations, and get to know the materials and manufacturing community! Sufficient networking opportunities in the afternoon and early evening will be provided in order to obtain maximum interaction with (and participation of) the industry.
Attending is free of charge after online registration.
Flam3D members can also reserve a free booth at the materials market, where companies and research institutes demonstrate their latest developments. Interested? Contact us for more information.