Vacancy: Chief Technical Advisor (0.4 FTE)
Optimization of Production by 3D-Printing (3DoP) is a 14 M€, 3-year European project with 33 partners. A unique and ambitious project for which we are looking for a unique and ambitious person.
Why this project matters: 3D-printing (3DP) has a demonstrated potential for increasing productivity, combined functionality and foresting smart and green transitions. However, despite the clear benefits of 3DP in optimizing production processes, there are still significant bottlenecks that hamper the deployment and uptake of 3DP. As a consequence, there is a range of possible investments still to be unlocked. This project aims at removing those bottlenecks and facilitating investments.
Why your role matters: We have a clear vision to create tangible, sustainable impact and to come to a concerted outcome and to strengthen its value chains, rather than an implementation of a number of actions. We have therefore foreseen a Full-Time position for someone that will align input with output and identify and facilitate cross-over benefits. This person is in charge of safeguarding the consistency and quality of the project and is the main responsible when it comes to the technical content of the project. In other words: the overall technical success of the project will be your challenge.
Hence, the project consortium is hiring a M/F:
Chief Technical Advisor (CTA)
Why you fit the role:
- A seasoned professional (10+ years) combining networking and social skills with sound knowledge on different (Additive) Manufacturing technologies – both metal and polymer.
- You have a background in several industries (medical, engineering,…), including experience in optimizing manufacturing processes.
- You know how to build trust, bridges and networks.
- Autonomy is high up your wish list, yet you are also a true team player: the success of the partners is the success of the project.
- You are fluent in English; any additional language is a plus.
- Willing to travel throughout Europe
- Experience with large European projects is a distinct advantage.
- Acts as an ambassador for the project and present the technical achievements of the project to increase the impact in the AM world.
- helps to gain new insights and advice to improve collaboration between partners and solve technical problems or explore new opportunities by stimulating robust, high-quality conversations. The role of an Chief Technical Advisor is not to make decisions, but rather to provide current knowledge, critical thinking and analysis to increase the success of the partners
- Identifies and mitigates technical risks and issues in the project that potentially undermine the success of the project;
- Performs quality checks on the technical deliverables and gives recommendations to the partners for improvements.
- Leads by supporting the consortium partners
- Is a master integrator. Ties together all consortium partner contributions to the success of the project.
- Applies his/her knowledge on (Additive) Manufacturing to challenge all teams involved in the packages, with regards to relevance, quality, feasibility of proposed solutions.
You are self-starting, goal-oriented, accountable, diplomatic, ambitious, tech-savvy, friendly but persistent, are all adjectives that fit your personality.
Other project management aspects (administration, communication,…) are taken up by other members of the project management team.
The position will be filled in as a job-share between Flam3D (B) and Brainport Development (NL) with distinct focal areas in the project. Good alignment with the duo partner is a must.
- A true challenge that will require you to go all-in, starting 01/01/2023.
- A 0.4 fte assignment starting with a 12 months contract with an extension period of 2 years.
- Job-share position between Flam3D (B) and Brainport Development (NL)
- An attractive salary package in line with your responsibilities
- Successful completion of the project includes the generation of follow-up projects that would preferably rely upon your skills and experience.
How and when to apply
- Deadline: your application must be submitted by 16/02
- Interested to apply? Send your CV and a motivational letter to email@example.com